Friday, November 30, 2012

Back to the Drawing Board

Contents of this Blog Post:
+HSED Studying
+Pagan Basics
+Time Research
+Arcana

The four major things I am working on right now in my life are my HSED, reviewing the basics of paganism, researching time in religion, mythology, and magic, and my novel, (working title) Arcana.

I have finally taken my first 2 HSED tests, Reading and Science. I was very nervous going into my first test, but once I started testing, it was actually really fun. I am very much looking forward to the rest of my tests. My next test is Monday, and it's a Social Studies test, so I am hard at work studying for that!

As for paganism, after my recent realizations about my personal path, I have decided to do a complete review of the basics. After this is done, instead of choosing the path I chose last time, I will be going down another, less crazy road.

I have started researching Time again. It has always been of interest to me, and I am starting to find more and more on the subject in mythology and religion. It's difficult to track it down, but the info I have found thus far is amazing.

Next to getting my HSED, the most important part of my life right now is my novel. I don't have a name pinned down for it yet, but the working title is Arcana. Over the past year, my friends have gotten me into roleplaying with them which has made me a better writer. It's helped me a lot with character development, and now that I have a cast of solid characters, the actual writing has come a lot easier.

I suppose I am writing this blog more for myself than for anyone else. When I was younger, I always wanted to keep a journal, but I was never able to concentrate long enough to remember to do it every day. I don't know if I will do it every day, but I do want to keep a record of my life at least once in a while, so that is what this particular blog post is for!

Thanks for reading!

Be Seeing You!
-Annie

The World Tarot Card

2 comments:

  1. Hey, It's good to hear you are still working on that Novel. How's it coming along? Are you still in the blue printing stages or do you have some solid chapters down?

    I hear what you are saying about reviewing the basics of your spirituality. If you drift away for awhile, sometimes it can be daunting to get back into a spiritual lifestyle. I'm trying to do the same and I feel like the best way is to reivew the basics and practice the fundamentals as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The novel is coming along nicely. Slowly, but nicely. I don't have full chapters written yet, but I do have full scenes written which is a big step up from before.

      Also, the basics are always important, and it's been so long since I revisited them. I am looking forward to becoming in tune with the elements again. I'm also learning more about the tarot ^_^

      Delete