Tuesday, December 4, 2012

A Bit About Myself, One Year Later!

I found one of my first posts on the Well of Magic today, and it made me want to rewrite it for present day! Here goes: A Bit About Myself, One Year Later!

Real Name: Anne, though most people call me Annie.

Name I go by in the Pagan community: Anne Elizabeth or Kieran. I retired the name Anouchka recently, because it is associated with a part of my life that I no longer wish to think about or be a part of.


My God & Goddess: My God is the Greek God of Time, Chronos. My Goddess is the Earth Goddess, Gaia. Since I was young, I've always envisioned Mother Earth & Father Time watching over me as I made my way through life. Shorter answer than last year. Same sentiment.


Solitary Casting: Most of my casting is done solitary. I am a very private person when it comes to my spells and rituals unless I know you well, and even then a lot of the time I'd rather cast alone. I don't have anything against casting with others, but sometimes it seems more spiritual when done alone.

Group Casting: When I do cast in a group, it is with people that I know well. Casting is very spiritual and not something I can do with whoever happens to be Pagan today. I cast with people who are serious about their craft and with people who can easily flow into different ways of casting.

One On One Casting: I like to do one on one casting more than group casting because it's more likely that 2 people will connect with one another than 4 or 5.

My Pagan Dream: My pagan dream is very different now than it was a year ago. I think that someday, I would still love to own my own occult bookstore/library/center, but for now, I am returning to the basics of paganism to review, and to find my path, which I somehow lost along the way.

Favorite Stone: I have 3 favorite stones...
1. Petrified Wood
2. Picasso Marble
3. Lapis Lazuli

Favorite Tree: I also have 3 favorite trees!
1. Willow
2. Yew
3. Birch

Favorite Herb: My favorite herb is vervain/verbena, which is great for a lot of things including warding off psychic attacks (it has worked for this purpose for me).

Favorite Flower: Again, I have 3 favorites here!
1. Wildflowers of any kind
2. Red Verbena Flowers
3. Red or Orange Lillies

Favorite Pagan Authors:
1. Scott Cunningham
2. Claire Nahmad
3. Edain McCoy (Celtic Myth & Legend)


Favorite Pagan Films:
1. Merlin (Hallmark Film)
2. The Craft
3. Practical Magic

Favorite Elements In Order:
I don't think it's right to pick "favorite elements" because you should work harmoniously with all of them.

About My Craft: With Mother Earth & Father Time as my deities, you can imagine what most of my craft has to do with. My research into time magic halted for a while, but I am back at it now, approaching it from a different angle. I am approaching everything magical from a different angle now, because the experiences I have had have made me realize that I need to. It's less about what I want to be able to do, and more about what I want to understand and learn.

Well, looks like a lot has changed, and a lot has stayed the same, depending on how you look at it!

Be Seeing You!
-AE

No comments:

Post a Comment