Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Tests, Time, Yule, and the End of the World!

Hello everyone!

Yesterday, I went to the Job Center here in Janesville to take my writing test for the HSED. Even though English has always been my best subject, I was worried about passing the test. Less than halfway through the test, my eye began twitching involuntarily. The writing mistakes were not only painfully obvious, they were also painfully terrible! One of the questions included a sentence with the words "governor Phillips," in them, asked what was wrong with the sentence, and it was multiple choice. Suffice it to say, I am positive that I passed the test, and I am hoping that I passed with a perfect score.

As for today, I am going to be running to the library because I'm not sure when I will have a chance to again. We are expecting a snowstorm anywhere between now and Thursday, so I want to pick up MirrorMask which just got in for me!

After the library, I am planning on spending some time researching Time in magic. I have a few books out from the library that are promising. Each of them has hints of time in magic in them, and some have more than just hints. I am excited to be developing this idea. I sort of feel like once I am done developing it, it will be my gift to the pagan community. Over the years, people in the pagan community have done so much to help me grow as a person and as a witch, I feel like this new perspective on things will be my way of saying thank you.

Tomorrow is Yule this year! Usually Yule falls on the 21st, but as you know, this year was Leap Year, which means it falls on the 20th! My friends and I will be gathering again for the 3rd year in a row at our friend Luca's to celebrate this lovely occasion!

Now on to the end of the world! The day after tomorrow is supposed to mark the end of the world, according to conspiracy theorists around the globe! I however, do not believe this. I'm going to go to sleep tomorrow night and wake up the next day. I'll be spending that day with my lovely Panda, then I will go to bed again, and wake up again on Saturday. This is how it's going to work, as long as I don't die from something non-apocalypse related. Which I think would be totally lame.

Be Seeing You!

Last Year - Panda is behind me, taking a picture of my reflection in a
Christmas ornament. It reminds me of the Bean in Chicago!

No comments:

Post a Comment