Saturday, December 15, 2012

Morning Air/Hearing Meditation

Hi everyone!

Over the past few months, I have been wanting to do element/senses meditations, but I haven't been able to find the time. This morning, I woke up to an empty house & a rainy day. I opened my bedroom window, took out the stone I have dedicated to Air, and I closed my eyes to meditate.

I meditated on the sounds of the rain hitting the pavement outside my window, cars driving by, trees rubbing against each other in the slight breeze, and eventually I fell into a trance like state. I heard distance, I heard echos, and I heard the air.

At one point a thought surfaced in my mind. I have never really understood why Air is associated with Spring, since the air is much more brisk and apparent in the Winter. During this meditation, I heard all sorts of things drifting to my ears on the air, but I didn't hear any birds.

Then it occurred to me: there are no birds out in the winter. There are all sorts of earthly creatures roaming around, but all of the birds fly south for the winter. I am positive this isn't the reason why Air is associated with Spring, but it's a good enough reason for me, and I think that Gaia knew that!

Be Seeing You!


No comments:

Post a Comment