Friday, December 14, 2012

Welcome the Journey

When I was 15, I started at a project based high school called TAGOS Leadership Academy, which was then in it's first year. On the very first day of school, I walked into the building and the first thing that I saw was a sign that said "Welcome the Journey." Honestly, I thought "Oh great. Motivational phrases. This is going to be greeeaaaat." Well, it was!

Going to school at a place that was still in development was both challenging and fun. As first year students, we were involved in the making of a lot of school rules and choosing the mascot, the tiger. "Welcome the Journey," is the perfect phrase for many reasons. Anything in life you set out to do is a journey in itself, and it's wonderful. TAGOS has been one of my favorite journeys in my life so far. I may not have graduated from TAGOS, but I certainly learned more in my years there than I did at any other school, and I learned it in a really fun way.

The point of this blog post is to let everyone know why you will be seeing the words "Welcome the Journey," on my blog quite a bit. While it is the perfect phrase, I'm not sure I would think so if it weren't for TAGOS. I have a lot to be thankful for when it comes to that school. Knowing and understanding that life is a series of journeys is one of those things. 

Be Seeing You!




No comments:

Post a Comment